Saturday, November 6, 2010

STL Pet Expo Costume Contest Pt. 5/6

Well now we get to the most exciting portion of the STL Pet Expo. The Costume Contest!!!


By 5pm Bobo was getting tired and when he gets tired he get kinda grumpy so he took a ring side seat with momma.


First up was the pet and pawrent portion.


OOOH Cruella and a Dalmation (although we have a sneaking suspicion its a great dane).


Chia mom and Chia Pup


The circus trainer and cheetah pup


There was a senorita and a taco! Complete with maracas!!!


And the cutest of all a Baby Monkey and Banana Dog.


The superhero set.


A football and football player.


The Mad Hatter and Cheshire cat.


In the ring.


Pups without dressed pawrents entered the ring.


There was a lovely Cocker with a mop top (and yes I do have curl envy!) He was an ice cream sunday and looked nommy!


BAT DOG!!!!


A rain cloud complete with rain drops and a lightning bolt.


A pretty fairy.


A Bewitching Dog!


A whole team of football players.


A lion.


A cowboy.


HEY Thats NO Doggie! Thats a horse dressed as a cowboy. OH MY Thats pretty good!


Look at this costume-less doggie trying to sneak into the ring.


Another pretty puffy fairy!


OOOH A scarecrow just like on mommas farmville. BOL


This costume was quite popular. The owner said this dog is a puppy mill survivor too! Her mom is awfully creative!!!


A pretty pumpkin.


A western cowdog.


Ah Ha Thats why that poor poodle was getting dyed orange...He is a pumpkin for Howl-o-ween!


A punk rocker.


A sweet pea.


And a Jumping reindeer!


And last but NOT least I entered the ring! I twirled all the way in and the crowd loved me!!!


The judges deliberated and it came out in a tie between me and the Prop B dog.


So they had a clap-off to determine the winner! I twirled once more so they could see the tassels fly.


And by a ROAR of applause I won! I must say The Prop B dog had my vote (as a former breeder dog myself) but I won the hearts of the audience. Can you believe me a little country dog winning the hearts of a whole city as big as St. Louis, MO?!?!?!


Cruella and the Dalmation won the Pup and Pawrent category. Congrats!


So after the costume competition we made one last pass through the booths and such. Once we hopped out of our buggies and into the car we instantly fell asleep.


Then we took a quick pee break and headed to our room. I went straight to bed and didn't get up till 8am the next morning.


Well with this win I am an official 5 week trick winner and 1 week costume winner! I am quite excited that everyone loved my twirls.



Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo



8 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! This certainly looks like it was the most awesome event ever!! The costumes for both people as well as pets are fantastic! So glad I stumbled upon your blog! I'm your newest follower...don't forget to stop by and say hello and follow us too, please.
    Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT WAS PAWSOME! I have never seen a dog costume contest show like that before; how neat. I really liked the scarecrow. Some of the costumes were very creative. All of the pooches looked so cute. Stop by to say hello to Chloe on her barkday ... it's today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mollie Jo! That was some seriously stiff competition! What great costumes and you pulled it off! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I see dyed furs in anybody's future? Hehehe. That was a really stiff competition. Some of those costumes! Amazing! And that dog dressed as a horse dressed as a cowboy, or whatever it was.

    Congrats to Mollie Jo! Hooray!

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great khount test ants ! ! !

    KHONGRATS TO WOO!!!

    How pawesome!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi you guys, especially Bobo. I'm Minnie and my brother is Mack. We found you guys through Jazzi's Christmas Exchange. Mack drew Bobo's name! He'll be sending you something in the mail. Isn't that exciting! Please send you address to my hu-mom so she can mail it. Her email is kathyDOTcooper@gmailDOTcom. Come visit us at Minnie and Macks Daily Digest.

    We've never been to a pet expo. Hu-mom was afraid it would be too much for us to handle, meaning we might not behave! You guys looked like you were angels. Congrats on your winnings Mollie Jo.

    Hope to be hearing from you soon.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly!
    You are the best!
    5 winning weeks!
    Congratulations!
    Of course they loved you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such exciting news that you WON out of all those dogs!!! Oh...and the horse too!! BIG Congratulations to you and we wish we could PARTAY with you!!! Of course they loved you with all of your talent and the big CUTE Factor!! xoxoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete

We are wagging with excitement that you stopped by our blog!